Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas -21 Day Fix Approved
Tender, juicy chicken breast is slow cooked with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and homemade taco seasoning.
Yields: 5 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Portion Fix Containers: (each serving is 1 red & 1 green plus any toppings)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of tomatoes with green chili peppers, drained
- 4 bell peppers, sliced in thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 2 T Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- Pour 1/2 can of tomatoes in the Crock Pot.
- Top with 1/2 the bell peppers and onions and sprinkle 1 Tbls. minced garlic over veggies.
- Top with chicken seasoned on both sides with taco seasoning.
- Pour the rest of the tomatoes and veggies over top the chicken.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Remove chicken, cut into strips or shred. You can ladle out some of the broth if your fajitas are too soupy.
- Serve in warmed tortillas and top with fresh lime juice, brown rice, avocado, and Plain Greek Yogurt.