Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Slow cooking excels with this recipe. The beef slowly braises until it practically falls to shreds. Complete your sandwich with mozzarella or provolone cheese. Although it’s great on sandwiches, the meat is also delicious over a baked potato or egg noodles.
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 jar banana peppers rings
- 2 – 3 lbs pounds chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Place beef in the slow cooker and top with the jar of banana peppers (and the juice) and the spices.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove beef from cooker; shred with 2 forks.
- Stir beef and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt into cooking liquid.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among hamburger buns, using a slotted spoon.
- Serve any extra sauce for dipping.
Note: All the ingredients can be placed in a gallon size freezer bag. Take the air out of the bag and seal. Label the bag with directions and freeze for later. Thaw the night before cooking.