Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails
- 1 ½ cups dried whole grain rice
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients except the shrimp to the freezer bag. Put Shrimp in its own bag next to the Jambalaya.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.