Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
This jerk chicken recipe bathes chicken drumsticks in a flavorful jerk spice, slow cooks it for 4 hours and quick-broils it for added extra crisp. Imagine coming home to that meal! This dish pairs well with rice, beans and/or a side salad for a complete meal
- 1 cup of chopped Green Onions (approx. 2-3 stalks)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more if you like it really spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground dried Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 pounds of Chicken Legs (approx. 10 drumsticks), with skin on or off as preference
- 1 teaspoon Coconut or Olive oil for greasing slow cooker
- To make jerk seasoning, add all ingredients (except chicken legs and oil) to food processor and pulse until combined.
- Grease the slow cooker with oil and place chicken inside. Top with jerk mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours, turning chicken over and basting with juices after 2 hours if possible.
- Before serving, set oven to broil. Transfer chicken to baking sheet or roasting pan and pour remaining juices on top.
- Broil chicken until it is crispy on the outside, about 5 minutes.