Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken (or Freezer to Slow Cooker)
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley, together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into slow cooker
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and Quinoa
Note: You can Bake this Chicken at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if your in a time crunch.
Serve with Roasted Vegetables:
- Toss about 5 cups of veggies with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, Salt and Pepper and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.