Slow Cooker Lime Pulled Pork (Freezer Meal Option)
A zesty, versatile shredded pork that can be served in salads, tacos, burritos, quesadillas or enchiladas. This is a perfect slow cooker meal that can also be easily made into a freezer meal.
- 2 1/2 lbs pork shoulder roast (sometimes called Boston Butt or Pork Butt) You can use a pork tenderloin as well.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place pork in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and kosher salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you are available, turn the meat over halfway through.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board and shred. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the pork back into the slow cooker and stir. Add in chopped cilantro.
- Serve pork in tacos, burritos, salads, quesadillas, enchiladas etc.
Directions for Freezing:
- Label gallon freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pork shoulder. (Add the pork shoulder to the bag last, so it’s the first ingredient poured into your slow cooker.)
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
To Cook from Freezing:
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of the freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 8-12 hours, or until pork is cooked through and falls off the bone.
- Remove pork meat from the bone.
- Shred and serve with tortillas or rice.