Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Stew
This Slow-Cooker Paleo Beef Stew is Whole 30 approved, dairy-free, gluten-free, and delicious! A rich, high-quality bone broth is key.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Heat a saute pan with the olive oil and brown the beef chuck until evenly browned on all sides.
- Add the browned beef to the slow-cooker with the beef broth, carrots, onion, potatoes, garlic, mushrooms, Worcestershire, tomato paste, and all of the seasonings except the fresh rosemary.
- Stir everything together.
- Cook the stew on low for 8 hours, adding in the rosemary during the last 20 minutes.
- Serve with additional fresh rosemary on top.
Directions for Freezer to Slow Cooker:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place all the ingredients in a Gallon Freezer Ziploc bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
Cooking for Slow Cooker:
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours until the meal is tender.
- Add salt to taste.