Freezer to Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 lbs Chuck Roast
- 5 Potatoes cut into chunks (regular or Sweet or a mix)
- 1 Onion, cut into chunks
- 4 Carrots cut into chunks
- 4 Cups Beef Stock or broth
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper to taste
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
Note: You can use the juice over your roast or you can make gravy by putting it on the stove and bringing to a boil while whisking in 2 Tbls. Cornstarch to the desired texture.