Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken wings and drumsticks)
- ½ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Place the coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger and salt in your slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and stir once more, coating the chicken with the sauce. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a pan, and whisk occasionally over medium heat on your stove, until the sauce is reduced and has the consistency of thick syrup. This can take a little patience, depending on how much liquid your chicken released while cooking, but it’s SO worth it! Don’t add the chicken back into the pan until the sauce is thick in syrupy, or else it won’t thicken.
- Chop the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces, and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir well to combine. Enjoy!
Serve with Rice and roasted zucchini and broccoli.