Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken (Freezer Meal Option)
Slow cooker teriyaki chicken is chicken breasts cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then shredded and drizzled with sauce. Serve over rice for an easy yet satisfying slow cooker dinner!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken wings and drumsticks)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 (14.5) oz frozen stir fry vegetables – thawed
- Place the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, onion, vinegar and salt in your slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and stir once more, coating the chicken with the sauce. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a pan, and whisk occasionally over medium heat on your stove. Mix 1 Tbsp. of Cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water to make a slurry and pour slowly into the teriyaki sauce. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Chop the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces, and back to the slow cooker with the thawed veggies. Add in the thickened sauce and stir well to combine. Enjoy!
- Serve with Rice and roasted zucchini and broccoli.
Freezer Meal Directions:
- Label your gallon freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients except the frozen stir fry vegetables (keep that bag separate). Add chicken to the freezer bag last so it’s the first ingredient poured into your crockpot.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
Directions for cooking freezer meal:
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag of chicken and the stir fry vegetables to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Follow the directions above to thicken the sauce if needed and stir in the thawed stir-fried vegetables. Cover until heated throughout.