Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
This dish gets its phenomenal flavors from garlic, onion, balsamic vinegar, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes. All these yummy ingredients come together in your slow cooker, so you don’t have to worry about dinner.
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (not chopped)
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the garlic cloves and dried herbs.
- Pour in vinegar and top with canned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over polenta, quinoa or whole wheat (or gluten free) pasta