- Peanut sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/8 t. cayenne
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (can sub chicken pieces)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked thick udon noodles or linguine (8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
To prepare sauce, combine the first 6 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk.
To prepare the shrimp, toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté in nonstick skillet coat ed with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
To prepare pasta, combine peanut sauce, shrimp, noodles, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.