Spinach Salad with Quinoa, Garbanzo Beans, and Paprika Dressing – 21 Day Fix Approved
This colorful salad is a show-stopper. Make it for your next potluck or picnic, or amaze your family for dinner any night of the week. The recipe makes 12 portions, and you’re going to want to eat them all. Even after it’s dressed, this salad stores well for up to three days!
- 1½ cups dry quinoa
- Sea salt (to taste; optional), divided use
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2½ tsp. paprika
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups raw baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, chopped
- 2½ cups halved cherry (or small heirloom) tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1½ cups coarsely crumbled feta cheese, divided use
- Place quinoa in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1-inch. Season with salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and gently boil for 15 to 16 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Drain if there is excess liquid. Chill, covered in the refrigerator, for 4 hours or until cool.
- Combine vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; slowly whisk in oil to blend. Set aside.
- Combine spinach, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add cooled quinoa to spinach mixture; toss gently to blend.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to blend.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over salad; serve immediately.