Spinach Salad with Quinoa, Garbanzo Beans, and Paprika Dressing
This colorful salad is a show-stopper for lunch and it will store will for up to 3 days. Make it for your next potluck or picnic, or amaze your family for dinner any night of the week. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Green, 1½ Yellow, ½ Blue, ½ tsp.
Yields: 12 Serving
- 1½ cups dry quinoa
- Sea salt (to taste; optional), divided use
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2½ tsp. paprika
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups raw baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, chopped
- 2½ cups halved cherry (or small heirloom) tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1½ cups coarsely crumbled feta cheese, divided use
Place quinoa in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1-inch. Season with salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and gently boil for 15 to 16 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Drain if there is excess liquid. Chill, covered in the refrigerator, for 4 hours or until cool.
Combine vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; slowly whisk in oil to blend. Set aside.
Combine spinach, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
Add cooled quinoa to spinach mixture; toss gently to blend.
Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to blend.
Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over salad; serve immediately.