Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts – 21 Day Fix Approved
This easy stuffed chicken breast recipe is going to be a new low carb family favorite! The mixture of spinach with creamy feta and zesty garlic and lemon juice add a ton of flavor to this dish that is quick enough for a week night but impressive enough for company.
Yields: 6 servings (approx. ½ chicken breast each)
Portion Fix Container Equivalent: (per serving): ½ blue, 1 red, ½ green, 1 tsp
- 3 (10-oz. each) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tsp. butter
- 1 /2 tsp. Sea salt and 1/2 ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (approx. 1/2 medium)
- 3 cups chopped raw spinach
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 6 slices turkey bacon
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Cut a pocket into center of each chicken breast then rub outside of each with ½ tsp. butter. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat ½ tsp. butter in large oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
5. Add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove spinach mixture from skillet and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Add cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel, oregano, 1 pinch salt, and 1 pinch pepper to spinach mixture; toss gently to blend.
7. When spinach mixture is cool enough to handle, stuff each breast with half spinach mixture.
8. Wrap each breast with two slices of turkey bacon. Set aside.
9. Melt remaining ½ tsp. butter in same skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Add chicken breasts. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear (165° F).
11. Cut breasts in half; serve a half chicken breast for each serving.
You can take away ½ container of blue if you don’t use the feta cheese