Spring Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This Spring Quinoa Salad has quinoa tossed with peas, fresh herbs, feta, bacon, and almonds, plus a homemade Honey Lemon Vinaigrette.
Yields: 6 servings
For the salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2-3 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 can quartered artichokes, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 cup almonds, pulsed in a food processor until crushed
- 1 cup crumbled bacon (optional)
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1-2 large juicy lemons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I make this the night before and let it chill in the fridge so it separates better for the salad.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and then turn off the heat. Add the peas and cover until bright green. I do this instead of regular boiling so they don’t get wrinkly! Toss the quinoa with the peas, feta, artichokes, baby spinach, herbs, and almonds. (add bacon if desired)
- Puree all the dressing ingredients in the food processor. Toss the dressing with the salad ingredients. Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve as a side or add diced chicken or shrimp to the salad to make it a meal.