Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
Steak Fajita Roll-Ups – Ditch the flour tortillas and make this amazing low-carb version of your favorite steak fajitas!
Servings: 16 Roll-Ups
- Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin tip steak (carne asada)*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 colored bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion , sliced
- 1 lime , juiced
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- prepared Guacamole for serving , optional
- Prepare the fajitas seasoning mix and set aside.
- Cut the steak into 2-inch wide by 6-inch long strips.
- Rub the steak strips with some of the prepared seasoning mix and set aside.**
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add pepper strips and sliced onions to the grill pan; season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of the fajitas seasoning mix.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Top each slice of steak with the vegetables; roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat up the grill pan again and add the roll-ups to the pan.
- Cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, remove toothpicks, and transfer to a serving plate.
- Squeeze lime juice over the roll ups and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with prepared guacamole.
*If preparing as a complete meal for 4, please double the entire recipe. **Use the seasoning mix according to your taste. I always end up using about 1-tablespoon of it for this entire dish.