Stove Top Chicken Cacciatore – 21 Day Fix
This chicken cacciatore recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables and lean protein but not short on taste. (courtesy of Beachbody)
Portion Fix Containers
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium celery stalk, sliced
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 1½ tsp. dried basil, crushed
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (if you don’t like eggplant, but 2 more zucchini)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add salt, spices, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini and eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, and juices run clear.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Tip: Chicken Cacciatore can be served over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.