Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large apple, diced small
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey or real maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Pour half into the prepared 8 x 8 pan. Top with half of the strawberries. apples. and almonds. Pour the remaining oat mixture on top of the fruit and top with remaining strawberries, apples, and almonds.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and honey until they are well combined. Add almond milk and extract and stir well. Pour the liquid mixture over top of the fruit and oats in prepared pan. Shake the pan to make sure the liquid is evenly distributed and all of the oats are covered.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and golden brown. If the fruit on top begins to over brown before the oatmeal is set, gently cover with aluminum foil and continue to bake. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving warm.
TIP: You can bake in individual muffin tins as well. Layer the ingredients as described above into the lined muffin tins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes!