Stuffed Tilapia – 21 Day Fix Approved
This simple roll-up recipe will make you look like a pro. Bundle fresh spinach, tomato and onion in tilapia fillets, season with lemon juice and paprika and then bake to buttery tenderness. The result is a delicious main dish that works well served with rice, quinoa or roasted vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups raw spinach, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 (5 oz ea.) raw tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and add the spinach tomato and garlic. Cook until spinach is tender, but still brightly colored. Add the lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place Tilapia on prepared pan and season the tilapia with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place 1/4 cup of spinach mixture in the center of each fillet; roll each one. Place seam side down on pan. (don’t worry if a little of the filling falls out)
- Brush the tops of tilapia with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until fish is flaky.
- Garnish with optional parsley and lemon wedges.