Marinated Veggies with Chicken Sausage – 21 Day Fix Appoved
In this flavor-rich dish, colorful summer veggies like zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and green beans soak in a tart marinade; chicken sausage adds a boost of protein. Just make sure to use an all-natural chicken sausage to avoid preservatives and keep the sodium low. Play around with the vegetables for your families taste buds or with what you have on hand.
- 2 tsp . olive oil
- 2 Tbsp . balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp . fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 lb . broccoli or cauliflower florets)
- 2 medium zucchini , sliced
- 2 medium yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green, yellow or red bell pepper , sliced
- 1 medium red onion , sliced
- 4 – 8 cooked chicken sausages , sliced or left whole
- 2 Tbsp . chopped fresh basil
- Optional: 2 lbs baby potatoes or sweet potatoes halved can be added as well for a complete meal
- To make marinade, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Place vegetables in a re-sealable plastic bag (or large bowl). Add marinade; shake to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or oven to 425 degrees.
- Place veggie mixture on a large sheet pan (or broiler pan). Add sausages; mix well. Spread out evenly.
- Grill or roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.