Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Florentine
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked, cut into cubes (rotisserie chicken works too)
- 3 cups baby spinach, torn
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes, in oil, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, blended to make smooth consistency
- 2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound whole grain pasta (such as farfalla, penne, or spirals)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil to medium-low and saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and tomatoes (if adding) and stir until wilted. Add flour and whisk for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and stir until thickened. Add lemon juice, salt & pepper. Bring to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add blended cottage cheese, spinach, chicken, Parmesan cheese & pasta. Stir to combine. Place in casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden & bubbly.