Super Fast Ground Beef Stir Fry
This ground beef stir fry is easy, delicious, and cost-effective! What is not to love?
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 small zucchini, chopped into half-moons
- 2 cups broccoli florets, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded (you can shortcut by using bagged cabbage)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp green onion, sliced
- Using a large deep skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and use a wooden spoon to thoroughly crumble. Set the ground beef aside and drain the excess fat, leaving about 2 tbsp in the pan.
- Using the same pan, saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly crisp and softened, adding more fat to the pan if needed.
- Toss in the cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted and softened.
- Add the ground beef back to the stir fry along with the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. Stir to cook for another 2 minutes to reheat and allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve topped with sliced green onion.