Sweet Potato Hash – 21 Day Fix Approved
This is one of those awesome, one pan meals where you saute everything in the skillet and add the eggs on top and end with a quick bake in the oven. You can even play around with is and add breakfast sausage or bacon when sauteing the vegetables. Having said that, this meal can be served as in impressive and filling breakfast or dinner! Any leftovers are awesome to use throughout the week for a quick lunch.
Yields: 4 servings (approx. 1 cup hash and 1 egg each)
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): ½ green, ½ red, 1 yellow, 1 tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup chopped kale (or raw spinach)
- ½ cup chopped onion (approx. 2⁄3 medium)
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups 1-inch cubed sweet potato or butternut squash (short-cut tip: buy pre-cubed sweet potato in produce section)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. + 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Melt butter in large, oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale, onion, bell pepper and sweet potato; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper ; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil.
- Crack eggs over top of hash. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your desire.
- Garnish with green onion; serve immediately