Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
This sheet pan sweet potato hash with eggs is an easy, high-protein breakfast! When visitors pop over for a last-minute brunch, make this savory Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs. Spiced with fragrant cumin, chili, and smoked paprika, topped with fresh cilantro and filled with fresh veggies and beans, this breakfast dish is so filling, you’ll want to eat it for dinner, too. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt divided use
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper divided use
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Line large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Combine sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, beans, corn, oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a large bowl; toss gently to blend.
Place sweet potato mixture on pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
Create eight wells in sweet potato mixture. Gently crack an egg into each well. Season eggs with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Garnish with cilantro; serve immediately.