Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
You will never be mad at all about how easy these are to prepare and how delicious they are to eat. This chicken is awesome as leftovers made into a wrap or as a salad topper.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/4 cup lime juice
- Cooked rice reserved for serving (Jasmine)
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
Directions for Slow Cooker:
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken thighs to slow cooker.
- Whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook until no longer pink, on low for 6 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.
Directions for Freezer Prep:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag through lime juice
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.