Sweet Kale Salad
Yields: 6-8 Servings
For the salad:
- 4 ounces of kale, leaves removed from stems and thinly sliced (about 1/2 bunch) (or pulsed in food processor)
- 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage, cored and shredded (or pulsed in food processor)
- 8 ounces of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded ( or pulsed in food processor)
- 8 ounces of broccoli slaw (by the bagged lettuce)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw or toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds or Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine the kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli slaw in a large salad bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a jar or lidded container. Shake the dressing vigorously to combine well. Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the salad greens. Toss the greens around to coat it well in the dressing, and then add the remaining dressing if you feel that it needs more.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pepitas over the salad. Lightly toss to combine.
- Serve. This will store for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.