- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 1 inch above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes to saucepan. Add milk, 1 tablespoon butter, and vanilla; mash to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and egg.
- Spread potato mixture in the bottom of an 11- x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oats, pecans, almond meal, and 2 tablespoons syrup in a bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and canola oil; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 375°F for 18 minutes or until surface is golden.
- Remove pan from oven; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup.