Sweet Potato Cheeseburger Casserole
This Paleo casserole fuses your favorite cheeseburger fixings with fresh veggies for a lighter, healthier meal.
Prep Tip* If you do NOT have a spiralizer for sweet potatoes simply bake your sweet potatoes and serve Cheeseburger filling inside your Sweet Potato boats.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized * See note above if you do not have a spiralizer
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 t. garlic powder
- 1t. smoked paprika
- 1 ⁄ 2 t. chili powder
- 1 1 ⁄ 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Chopped tomatoes and green onion to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent and veggies are softened.
- Increase heat to high and add ground beef. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking meat up as it cooks, until beef has browned and is no longer pink.
- Add oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the chicken stock and the crushed tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; add spiralized sweet potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are slightly softened and sauce is reduced.
- Remove from heat and top with chopped tomatoes and spring onions.
- Serve warm.