Sweet Potato Muffins
These healthy flourless sweet potato muffins are a quick, easy and no mess recipe! Made in a blender or one bowl, they are moist and slightly fluffy on the inside and tender on the outside! Made with no butter, oil, grains or sugar, they are naturally gluten free, vegan, & dairy free but taste “fully loaded.”
Yields: 12 muffins (I fill tins to the top)
- 2 cups oat flour (oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, stevia, etc.)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (I use 2 baked sweet potatoes with the skin peeled)
- 1 cup almond milk (or another milk of choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T smooth cashew butter (can sub for any smooth nut or seed butter of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 10-12 muffin tins with patty pans and set aside.
- In a high speed blender, combine all your ingredients and blend until a fine batter is formed. (Or mix in a bowl with a mixer until just moist) If your nut butter is not smooth enough, you may want to melt it slightly beforehand.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Ensure you check by inserting a skewer and once clean, they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, top with frosting of choice.
Notes: Muffins are freezer friendly