Taco Lasagna Casserole
Who doesn’t need this in their life? Tacos and Lasagna in one pan!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1 -32 oz jar green chile salsa or salsa of choice
- 3 eggs
- 1 package corn tortillas (8 tortillas)
For the garnishes
- 1 cup plantain chips, crushed
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- green onions, roughly chopped
For the lime sour cream
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once warm, add the onion and peppers and sauté until peppers are browned and onions are translucent. Then add jalapeño, garlic and a bit of salt and cook for 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and break into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains and then add taco seasonings and salt, to taste. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. To that same bowl, add the salsa, green chile salsa, and eggs and stir until completely combined.
- Now build your lasagna casserole: add a large spoonful of the taco/salsa mixture to the bottom of the greased dish, then put a tortilla on top. Then repeat that: meat/salsa mixture – tortilla, until no tortilla remains. Pour the remaining mixture on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the middle is no longer jiggly.* Let casserole rest for 15 minutes to set before slicing.
- While casserole is baking, mix together all the ingredients for the sour cream.
- Top casserole with garnishes before slicing and serving!