Slow Cooker or Stove Top Easy Taco Soup – Freezer Meal Option
This easy Taco Soup recipe is a cinch to prepare! Make it on your stovetop OR in a slow cooker, either way it’s always a crowd favorite!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies undrained
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 recipe recipe homemade ranch dressing mix
- tortilla chips and toppings for serving
In a Dutch Oven or large stock pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Add water, beans, tomatoes, corn, chiles, and all juices from cans. Stir in taco seasoning and ranch seasoning.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Or, transfer to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
To serve, place tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl and ladle soup over the chips. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, or other toppings as desired.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Prep:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place all the ingredients in a gallon size zip lock bag. ( you do not need to brown the meat with the onions first unless you want to)
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or high for 4 -6 hours.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, green onion, avocado, and additional cheese as desired.