Taco Zucchini Lasagna
So flavorful that you won’t even notice that the carbs are missing
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 3/4 c. ricotta
- 1/2 c. 0% Greek Yogurt, plus more for drizzling (can sub sour cream)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. salsa
- 3 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar – divided
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack – divided
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Season with garlic,cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and beans and cook until no longer pink, 8 minutes more. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking or casserole dish, spread a thin layer of salsa. Top with a layer of zucchini noodles, Greek Yogurt mixture, ground beef, cheddar, and Monterey Jack.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with zucchini noodles.
- Bake until noodles are tender and cheese is bubbly, 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with sour cream, garnish with cilantro, and serve.