- Cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 10 ounces)
- 3 cups chopped tomato (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Remaining ingredient:
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make It
To prepare salad, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef and garlic, and cook 9 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain; return beef mixture to pan. Stir in quinoa, corn, red onion and drained black bean. Cook until warmed throughout. Add next 4 ingredients (cumin through pepper). Cool slightly.
Combine lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss to combine. Add beef mixture to the bowl.
To prepare dressing, combine yogurt, salsa, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin, stirring with a whisk. Spoon dressing over lettuce mixture; toss to coat. Toss dressing with salad and top with shredded cheese if desired.