This vegan cornbread is seriously the BEST. It’s perfectly sweet, moist, and tender and makes a perfect side. Ideal comfort food!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups canned or frozen and thawed sweet corn
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a 9×9 inch square dish with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Add the yellow cornmeal to a mixing bowl and sift in the all-purpose flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot on the stove and then add the brown sugar and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- When the sugar is dissolved into the butter, remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup, and then add in the soy milk and apple cider vinegar mix.
- Add the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Then add in the egg. Use a hand whisk briefly to remove any lumps while adding in the whole sweet corn pieces.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.