Tex-Mex Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Instant weeknight favorite using all your favorite comfort food flavors without all the heavy carb guilt. Go easy on the cheese if you are looking to slim down your plate a little more.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. cauliflower rice (pre-riced in the produce section or freezer section or 1 head pulsed in the food processor)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add more olive oil if the skillet seems dry, then add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir until evenly combined and the cauli rice is slightly red. Add chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and stir until evenly combined.
- Top cauli rice with cheese, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with salsa and lime wedges.