Thai Chicken Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
This simple Thai chicken salad has incredible flavors and it’s healthy and fresh for a weekday meal. Make a double batch of the dressing and use it to marinate chicken breasts in a gallon freezer bag so you have an additional meal to use later in the week or freeze for a later use on the grill, broiled or baked.
Yields: 4 servings (2¾ cups each)
Portion Fix Containers (per serving): 2 green, 1 red, ½ blue, 1 orange
- 2 cups diced bok choy or napa cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced cauliflower (or a bag of pre-cut match stick cauliflower and broccoli)
- ½ cup thinly sliced broccoli
- 1¼ cups thinly sliced red bell pepper (approx. 1 medium bell pepper)
- ½ cup carrot strips (approx. 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips or pre-cut match stick carrots)
- 1 cup sliced cucumber, peeled (approx. ¼ medium cucumber)
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup radicchio
- 24 whole raw peanuts, chopped
- 8 Tbsp. Thai Salad Dressing (see separate recipe for Thai Salad Dressing)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- Optional toppings: cilantro, sliced red peppers, wedges of lime
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Combine fish sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Dressing can be served cold or warm
- Combine salad greens, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, cucumber, green onions, radicchio, and peanuts in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with warm (or cool) Thai Salad Dressing; toss gently to blend; top with chicken and any optional toppings.
- Serve immediately.
TIP: If using warm dressing, place your salad greens in the bottom of the bowl
with the hard vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli on top to prevent
your greens from wilting.