Thai Noodles and Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Crunchy vegetables and a spicy peanut sauce make this an amazing meal served hot or cold You can use Gluten Free or whole wheat pasta.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seed Oil (divided)
- 2 lb. of chicken
- 1 box thick spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut on the diagonal
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into coins
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, diced
- ¼ cup of green onions, diced
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ground ginger, and red
pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil and chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute each side for 3-4
minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and let sit. Dice when cooled.
- In the same large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 more Tbsp. of oil and add garlic, sliced red peppers, snap peas, carrots. Cook for 3 -5 minutes to warm and add in diced chicken, peanut sauce, pasta, fresh cilantro, and green onions.
- Toss till all noodles are coated.
- Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.