Thai Rice Noodle and Peanut Salad
Anyone else obsessed with all things Thai food and peanut sauce?! I am. I was so excited about this recipe because it totally hits the spot, while adding in tons of colorful veggies!
Portion Fix Container Count: (2 cups of salad): 2 greens, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 orange and 1 teaspoon.
- 6 ounces of uncooked rice noodles
- 6 cups of chopped purple and green cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of scallions, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 shredded chicken breasts, precooked
- Crushed peanuts for garnish
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and immediately rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In the meantime, blend the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cayenne pepper and salt together. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl. Toss together.
- To serve, add shredded veggies, noodles, chicken and toss together. Top with dressing and garnish with chopped peanuts.