The Cake Bake Shops Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Cake Bake Shop’s signature cookies scream for attention from their bakery glass case thanks to edible glitter and big flakes of fleur de sel. Two kinds of chocolate are key.
Courtesy of Gwendolyn Rogers – Cake Bake Shop owner
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Morton’s kosher salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste (Note: We found ours at Williams-Sonoma)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel flake salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla bean paste. Cream until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, place 1/4 cup scoops 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie slightly and top with a pinch of fleur de sel
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes
- Cool cookie on baking sheet before moving to baking rack. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk.