Tuna White Bean and Vinegar Salad
This might be the quickest salad you’ll ever make — it requires just five minutes! Stash the two star ingredients (Albacore tuna and white beans) in your pantry for a last-minute lunch on the cheap. Mix with onions, a few spices and vinegar, then toss on a bed of greens. You’ll get 27 grams of protein when you’re finished
Yields: 4 servings
- 1- 14 oz tuna, canned in water
- 30 oz cans cannelini white beans, drained and rinsed
- medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped you can also use Basil, Oregano or other fresh herbs.
Drain the canned tuna and add to a large bowl. Add the white beans to the tuna and stir to combine.
Mix the oil, vinegar and seasonings together, then pour over the fish/bean mixture, you may not need to add all of it.
Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.