Tuna and White Bean Salad
Summery salads are an amazing way to vary up meals and keep prep time to a minimum. We know it can be hard to keep salads interesting, we highly recommend this colorful salad. It makes a hearty lunch or dinner thanks to 24 g of protein and 8 g of fiber. The satisfying crunch cucumber and red onion is balanced with fresh tomatoes, fragrant chopped parsley and bright lemon to top.
Tip: Keep the bean and tomato mixture separate from the spinach until you’re ready to serve.
- 1 Tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 cans (6-oz. each) solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can white (cannellini) beans drained, rinsed
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, packed in water drained, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh parsley (about ½ cup) stems removed and discarded, chopped
- 8 cups raw spinach (or arugula)
Combine garlic, oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
Combine tuna, beans, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and parsley in a medium bowl; mix well.
Drizzle tuna mixture with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Evenly divide spinach between four serving plates. Top evenly with tuna mixture.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 24 g