Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili – 21 Day Fix Approved
Mix up your chili routine with this Easy Turkey Chili recipe. It’s a comforting “stick-to-your-ribs” weeknight dinner that is sure to satisfy. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Portion Fix Containers :1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 tsp.
Yields: 4 Servings (approx. 2 cups each)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast or lean ground beef or chicken
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8-oz.) can all-natural tomato sauce no salt or sugar added
- 2 small sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Evenly divide chili into four serving bowls; garnish with parsley, if desired.