Turkey Chili – 21 Day Fix Approved
Turkey Chili is a winter staple because it’s hearty, nutritious, and, most importantly, warm! It’s is a great meal to make ahead and freeze for a quick, high-protein lunch or dinner. This turkey chili recipe calls for two cans of kidney beans, but you can use any beans you like, or you can try two different types of beans.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 (28-oz.) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (15-oz. each) cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers; cook, frequently stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide turkey chili into 6 serving bowls and enjoy.