Turkey and Lettuce Wraps
You’ll love these low-carb turkey and lettuce wraps and they taste great hot or cold.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb raw 93% lean ground turkey breast or chicken
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- ½ medium red or green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 Tbls. minced ginger
- 1 green onion chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large head lettuce (like red leaf, romaine, or bib) separated into leaves
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
Add garlic, ginger, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 42 mg
Sodium: 120 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 12 g