Turkey Pad Thai
- 1/2 C hot water
- 1/4 C brown sugar or honey
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T chili garlic sauce
- 1 lime, juiced or 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 C leftover turkey, cubed
- 1 Tbls. sesame seed oil
- 3 C pre-mixed and shredded cole slaw (cabbage with carrots), packed
- 1 C bok choy, chopped and packed
- 1/2 C cilantro packed
- 1/2 med. onion, sliced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup peanuts (optional)
- 8 oz. whole wheat organic linguine or rice noodles
- Combine water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic sauce and lime juice and stir to dissolve sugar
- Stir turkey in to sauce: cover and refrigerate overnight or while prepping steps 3- 5.
- In a large saute heat sesame seed oil and add cole slaw, bok choy, cilantro, onion, garlic and scallions. Saute until heated.
- Add turkey with sauce to the pan and continue to cook until well tossed and heated.
- Make linguini as per package directions just before serving
- Serve pad thai over pasta topped with peanuts and cilantro. Enjoy!