Turmeric Chicken, Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Rice
LOVE this easy to make Turmeric Chicken and Cauliflower Rice because it is colorful, flavorful, and delicious gluten free meal! Turmeric is all the rage this year because it’s anti-inflammatory and helps aid in the absorption of antioxidants. Plus, it’s super versatile. It has been used anywhere from the no-bake bliss balls, to golden milk lattes, to a face mask to reduce redness.
Speed Prep Tips: Use pre-shredded chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken and season with turmeric, salt and pepper. Purchase riced cauliflower from your produce or freezer department, warm accordingly and add to the pan per the directions. Purchase pre-diced sweet potatoes from your produce or freezer department and cook in the microwave per directions on bag or for 5 minutes covered in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of water for pre-diced from your produce department. Voila! Dinner is served!
Beachbody Container Equivalents: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yelllow, 1 orange
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast, sprinkled with 1 tsp. turmeric, salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in food processor until minced – you may need to do it in batches.)
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 2 cups diced, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- handful chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro
- Add the chopped onion and chicken to large stock pot heated with olive oil and turn the heat over medium high heat.
- Brown the onion and turn the chicken after about 6 minutes and cook for another 6 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Remove chicken and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into chunks.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the onion and continue to sauté until it is caramelized and reduced, another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and diced sweet potatoes.
- Continue to cook until the cauliflower rice is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, sea salt, and black pepper and continue to cook for another couple minutes.
- Toss in the shredded coconut, chopped herbs and diced chicken.
- Serve warm.