Tuscan Tuna and White Bean Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
This no mayo tuna salad is dressed with a simple drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon juice and herbs.
Yields: 6 servings (¾ cup each)
Portion Fix Containers: (per serving): 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 tsp.
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 (10 oz) cans solid white tuna in water, drained (cooked shredded chicken can be used as well)
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced red onion (approx. ½ medium)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from one lemon)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, fresh whole basil leaves
- In a large bowl toss arugula, tuna, beans, tomatoes and onion.
- In a small bowl whisk garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, oil, and lemon juice to blend.
- Toss dressing onto arugula, bean and tuna mixture.
- Stack and roll basil leaves on your work surface and thinly slice
(chiffonade). Add to bean mixture; toss gently to blend. Enjoy!
• Chiffonade is a simple technique in which the leaves of a soft herb are
stacked, rolled, and sliced thin. It is a great way to cut delicate herbs
without bruising and it looks beautiful!