Vegetable Soba Noodle Soup
This soup will leave you feeling nourished and full, yet light at the same time. Does it get any better?!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 3 stalks of bok choy with leaves, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 small heads of broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha, or more, to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp. salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4-5 ounces soba noodles (or noodle of choice)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped thin
- In a large pot, heat water/veggie broth over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion with garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the bok choy, celery, broccoli, vegetable broth and water.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, salt and pepper, cilantro, ginger, soba noodles, lime juice and cabbageof the ingredients and boil until the soba noodles are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and serve.