Freezer to Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Yields: 2 Freezer bags with 5 -6 Servings each
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 -8 oz cans Diced Green Chilies
- 1 large yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Tbls Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbls Salt
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk Alternative(Plain) or Regular Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Label your freezer bags with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
2. Divide the ingredients and add to the bags up to the Milk.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 5-6 hours until the chicken is tender.
- Remove Chicken and lightly shred with a fork.
- Place Cornstarch in a bowl and slowly whisk in 1/2c. Water until smooth. Stir into the chili with the chicken and let it cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Add more water or Chicken stock as needed for consistency. Top with a squeeze of lime juice & cilantro.