Zucchini Egg Cups
This is an awesome egg cup that you can make ahead for the week. The zucchini gives you a crunchy “crust” without the carbs while giving you a dose of extra veggies.
- 2 zucchini, peeled into strips
- 1/4 lb. ham, chopped
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c. shredded cheddar or crumbed feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. Line the inside and bottom of the muffin tin with zucchini strips, to form a crust. Sprinkle ham and cherry tomatoes inside each crust.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oregano, and red pepper flakes then season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ham and tomatoes then top with cheese.
- Bake until eggs are set, 30 minutes.